We're long overdue for this update, but here's where construction stands! We still don't know exactly when it will be done, but so far it's starting to look good. So good. Power has been turned off and on and the house at different times for different reasons, so the pictures below aren't edited. Here's the summary:
- All floor joists in the living room had to be replaced and new subfloor laid
- Ceilings/floors of upper rooms had to be reinforced with new joists and beams
- We took out the wall between the living room and dining room!
- New insulation and drywall will be installed
- There was a weird concrete slab in the dining room (I forgot to take a before picture) so now we're expanding into the dining room #ohjoy
- The beadboard in the hallway isn't really salvageable, below you can see an examples of the channels the former owners cut into the beadboard to rewire
- We widened the doorway to the living room and it made a huge difference
- We're saving the original floor joists for projects later
We have to move in 9/23 regardless of the state of the house, but hopefully it'll be finished. Click the pictures below to scroll through!